Thursday, February 5, 2009

R.I.P. Lux Interior, 1946-2009

I just found out upon getting to work that Lux Interior (a.k.a. Erick Purkhiser), lead singer for the Cramps and allegedly all-around good guy, passed away at age 60. Unlike most of his rock'n'roll-to-the-core bretheren, it was a pre-existing heart condition that did him in.

I was planning on writing something about Radiohead and Bruce Springsteen today, but somehow, none of that seems to really matter, 'cause I'm so bummed that Lux has moved on to the Great Go-Go Club In The Sky. Honestly, if it weren't for the Cramps, Shake would probably never have existed, and I wouldn't have had the opportunity to play some of the best shows of my brief career.

So go get 'em, Lux. Something tells me you're freaking them out already.

No comments:

Post a Comment